I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encourage my child participating in youth sports by following this Code of Ethics:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports events.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will insist my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol, and tobacco free sports environment for my child and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all youth sporting events.
- I will remember the game is for children and not for adults.
- I will do my best to make youth sports fun for my child. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
- I will promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience within my personal constraints by assisting the coaches, being a respectful fan, providing transportation, working the refreshment stand, or whatever I am capable of doing.
- I will require that my child's coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a sports coach and that the coach agrees to the Code of Ethics.
Violators of the Code of Ethics will be subject to whatever action is deemed appropriate by the N.C.A.A.A. Board of Directors